Be Good Do Good
Our mission is to popularize STEM Education and provide facilities for learning to children for achieving their full potential through a network of our library and activities center and keep children away from developing self destructing habits.
Please Donate to ChandanShamala Library - It is a 501 c 3 non profit organisation.
3D Pens or Printers?
AZ FLL Competition, 2015:
A Team from the library is taking part in the on going AZ FLL competition (Arizona First Lego League). This years project is about how to handle trash in a environmentally friendly way and our team is geared up to program the robot:
Makers, Let's Get Started:
Starter Kits for Makers with Intel Edison Development Boards:
To make basic projects the following kits will be required:
3. Grove Indoor enviornment Kit for Intel Edison - This document also has project ideas.
For Support, you can also refer to Intel Maker Support Page.
Project Ideas for Makers:
Steps for "Hello World" Experiment with Grove LCD and Intel Edison Expansion Board:
29th September, 2015. Chandanshamala Library:
Here are the steps for using Arduino IDE, Base shield and LCD to display "Hello World":
1, Open the Grove Starter Kit Plus for Intel IOT edition for Intel Galileo Gen 2 and Edison box and identify the base shield and LCD display and connecting cables.
2. Mount the base shield on the Edison Expansion board alligning the male and female connectors.
3. Connect one end of the connecting cables to LCD connection port and the other end to one of the I2C ports on the base shield.
4. Connect the barrel connector to the Edison Expansion board.
5. Connect the middle micro USB port to the computer.
6. Open Arduino IDE.
7. In a browser window, Please go to https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight.
8. Copy the rgb_lcd.cpp and rgb_lcd.h file to ****/arduino/libraries/src folder in your computer.
9. Click on examples - from the area in Step 7.
10. Click on "Hello World".
11. Click on "HelloWorld.ino" file. This is the code you need for your experiment.
12. Copy this code and past it as a new file, in Arduino IDE (Step 6). Save this file.
Now we are all set to run the hello world program....
13. Go to the Arduino IDE window and click on the arrow sign for upload below the Edit tab.
14. This will compile and upload the program to the Edison board and " Hello World" should be displayed in the LCD......
For Intel Edison Expansion board set up for Arduino Experiments and Other Project Instructions, Please go to Makers' Projects Page.
3rd September, 2015. ChandanShamala Library:
From http://www.ed.gov/stem website:
"[Science] is more than a school subject, or the periodic table, or the properties of waves. It is an approach to the world, a critical way to understand and explore and engage with the world, and then have the capacity to change that world..."
— President Barack Obama, March 23, 2015
Read more about US government's initiatives and analysis on STEM education here: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math: Education for Global Leadership.
For this season, submission deadline is over but if anyone is interested - they should get started with projects based on intel edison and curie SOC, so that they can participate in the next season.
Last date of submission: October 2nd, 2015
An Appeal to All Makers - Please Participate!
27th August, 2015. ChandanShamala Library:
From intel.com website:
Competitors will vie for $1 million in prizes and the opportunity to bring their creations to market.